Matho West – 6230 meters
5 Nights / 6 Days
Close to Leh this peak is better known as Matho Kangri, Matho being the village below it. We start our trek to Matho West from Martselang near Hemis monastery and finish the trek at Stok Village after Climbing the Summit. Best Season: July – September.
Day 01 Leh to Martselang to Chogdo (3-4 Hrs)
After Breakfast drive to Martselang and start trekking to Chogdo. Overnight in Camp.
Day 02 Chogdo – Gyuncho La (4600 m) – Base Camp at 4350 m in 6- 7 h.
From now on, we will follow a new and rarely traveled route through the valleys to the east of our objective. Today, we turn towards the west into a tributary valley that leads after a long and gradual ascent to the Gyuncho La. From the pass we walk towards south to the Base of Matho West. Overnight in Camp.
Day 03 Base Camp to Matho West Summit (6230m) 8-9 Hours
Early morning start climbing Matho from south to North. It is little easy ascent to the Summit from where you can have wonderful view of surrounding Peaks, valleys and Karakoram Range. Walk back to Camp. Overnight in Camp.
Day 04 Base Camp at 4350 m – Shang La (4800 m)- Matho Phu (4350 m) in 6 h.
Today, we will cross many spurs and minor passes with occasional views northwards towards the Indus Valley and the peaks beyond. We climb up to the Shang La and then descend to the Tokpo River. Afterwards we will trek downhill to a nice camping place. Overnight in camp
Day 05 Matho Phu – Matho La (4820 m) –Mankarmo (4500 m) in 4-5 h.
At the pass, colorful prayer flags flap in the wind, with the Zanskari range in the background. Afterwards, we descend steadily along the Jingchan River. We get great views towards the Stok summit and the Stok Kangri (6121m). Overnight in Camp.
Day 06 Mankarmo to Stok to Leh
Morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and drive to Leh.
|S.No||Name of the trekking||Days||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
|5||Kangyatse Peak 6200m||6||£1,127||£753||£668||£613||£580||£563|
|7||Rumtse,Tsomoriri Spangnak Ri||11||£2,791||£1,622||£1,281||£1,111||£1,041||£976|
Package cost per person in GBP ( £ )
What is included in trek cost?
- Accommodation in Delhi on Bed & Breakfast Basis & in Leh on Full Board for Nun/Kun Expediton Packages.
- All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Food veg and non-veg.
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide.
- Horse for Luggages.
- Innerline permit, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges.
- Climbing Equipments.
What is not included in above cost?
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- Any Airfare.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages except Nun & Kun Packages.
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 01 May 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.