Mentok Kangri 6227 meters
4 Nights / 5 Days
This is a lovely peak on a long ridge running south from Korzok village on the shores of the Tsomoriri lake. In July and August the entire Korzok valley is green with wild flowers giving the peak its name. Mentok in Tibetan and Ladakhi means ‘flower’. In some old maps this peak has been named Mata. Best Season: Mid-July – mid October.
Day 01: Leh to Tsomoriri
After an early breakfast, a jeep will drop you at Korzok, which is 225 km from Leh and is the head quarter of the area. Korzok village is on the bank of the lake and the Korzok monastery stands mightily overlooking the village and the lake. You will reach there in the afternoon and stay overnight at Tsomoriri (4450m)
Day 02: Tsomoriri to base camp (5/6 hrs.)
The days trek starts early in the morning along the trail that first enter into the Korzok Phu Valley, then starts ascending up the slope among some of the herbal flowers whose color and the fragrance filled the valley. Then as we go around toward the back of the peak, some rocky path makes difficult for the horses. The base camp of the peak is quite windy and the camping area is rocky too. Overnight in camp
Day 03: Base camp to Mentok Kangri (6251 mts) (06 hrs.)
The trek starts at around 02:00 am after having breakfast and then start ascending towards Mentok Kangri. To climb up along that scary slope of adjacent peak, probably above 6250 meters is technical and quite tough. But be sure that you should summit the peaks before sunrise. When you are at the top of the much-anticipated peak, it offers spectacular view of Mt Kharlung and at the other side, Mt Chamser and Mt Lungser with all those beautiful meadowy valleys and the blue lake all lying beneath. After enjoying the view, slowly and steadily get down towards base camp before it’s getting too late. Overnight in camp
Day 04: Rest and explore around the lake
The day is rest to explore around the Lake and the village. Tsomoriri Lake is famous for its clear blue lake with the nomadic families settled around the lake. The local people consider the lake sacred. This lake is the breeding ground for numerous species of bird like Bar Headed Goose, great Crested Grebe, the Brahmini duck etc. Then visit the Korzok monastery before you leave this memorable trek. Overnight in camp
Day 05: Tsomoriri – Tsokar – Leh
Early in the morning, the jeep will pick you up and drive on to Polokongka pass (13500 ft) and visit Tsokar (a small Lake). The place is famous for wild Asses and the nomadic settlements. From there, short drive brings you on national highway route (Leh-Manali). Continue driving towards Leh via Taklang Pass (5350mts, the second highest motor able pass in Ladakh). Arrive Leh in the evening.
|S.No||Name of the trekking||Days||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
|5||Kangyatse Peak 6200m||6||£1,127||£753||£668||£613||£580||£563|
|7||Rumtse,Tsomoriri Spangnak Ri||11||£2,791||£1,622||£1,281||£1,111||£1,041||£976|
Package cost per person in GBP ( £ )
What is included in trek cost?
- Accommodation in Delhi on Bed & Breakfast Basis & in Leh on Full Board for Nun/Kun Expediton Packages.
- All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Food veg and non-veg.
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide.
- Horse for Luggages.
- Innerline permit, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges.
- Climbing Equipments.
What is not included in above cost?
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- Any Airfare.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages except Nun & Kun Packages.
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 01 May 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.