Rumtse,Tsomoriri Spangnak Ri -6400 meters
10 Nights – 11 Days
Day 01 Drive to Rumtse (4095m)
After having the breakfast drive to Rumtse, en route visit Thiksey and Hemis monasteries. Upon arrival setup camp at Rumtse. Overnight in camps
Day 02 Rumtse to Kyamar (4383m) 4-5 hrs.
Walk along the road till you reach the tourist bungalow of Govt. Tourism Department. Take the right side trail into the valley passing through some abandoned army huts. The trail leads you to a river flowing in from the right side, crossing which and then walking towards left take you to a stream flowing from right side, which also has to be crossed. After several widening and narrowing of the valley there comes a point where it turns to the north leading to the campsite close to a local nomadic settlement in their traditional tents. Overnight in camps
Day 03 Kyamar to Tisaling (4800m) via Kyumur La (4870m) and Mandalchan La (4996m) 5-6 hrs.
After a few minutes walk from the campsite an easy but long ascent of Kyumur La begins. Colorful wild flowers on the way are visually pleasant in the exhausting climb to the top, where the trail divides into two, one going to the left leading towards Tsokar lake and one on the right takes you to a stream, crossing which you need to cross another pass. It is little hard to trace the path for some distance from where the clear trail leads to the top of Mandalchan la (4996m). The trail goes further up and then steep down to a beautiful valley called Tisaling, which is the campsite for the day. Overnight in camps
Day 04 Tisaling to Pangunagu (Tsokar 4398m) via ShibukLa (5016m) 5-6 hrs.
Today you have to cross Shibuk Lanear the camp site. The top of the pass has a beautiful sight of the Tsokar Lake. An easy descent to the lake takes you to the campsite behind a hill. Overnight in camps
Day 05 Pangunagu to Nuruchan (4500m) 4-5 hrs.
It is an easy walk alongside the lake in vast openness through a road. After some distance you catch the sight of the agricultural fields, where the campsite is located next to the stream. Overnight in camps
Day 06 Nuruchan to Rachungkaru (4668m) via Horlamkongka La (44900m) 5 hrs.
An easy ascent to the pass takes around 1 hour 30 minutes. The trail turns towards north-east just after the pass. The camp site is across the river at the base of the pass.
Day 07 Rachungkaru to Gyamabarma (5100m) 6-7 hrs.
Start climbing Kyamayur La (5125m) which takes around 2 hrs. The last climb is the tiring one. After the pass the trail leads towards north-east and at the end of the valley trail starts ascending from where you can have views of different mountain peaks. Walk down and reach your camp.
Day 08 Gyamabarma to Base Camp of Spangnak Ri (5500m) 4-5 hrs.
Start climbing towards north and on the east and south you see magnificent peaks of korzok range. Overnight in camps
Day 09 Summit Spanak Ri (6400m) 10-11 hrs.
Today you start climbing to Spanak Ri summit, from where you can see panoramic view of Ladakh range and on your back side you see Zanskar Range including Spiti Mountains and on the east south of Tsomoriri lake you will see Gya Peak and on the east north side of the lake you will see Lungser and Chamser Peak which is 6660m) and Chalung Peak which is( 6500m). Return to the basecamp. Overnight in camps
Day 10 Base Camp to Korzok over Yalangnau La (5400m) 7-8 hrs
Start an easy ascent to the Korzok pass along the stream. It takes around 2 hrs to reach the top from where you can have the wonderful view of the Lake, following which is the steep walk down to the Korzok village. You can also camp at Korzok Phu where nomad camps are located, around one hour before the lake if you have extra days.
Day 11 Tsomoriri to Leh (240 kms/6 hours approx.)
After the breakfast take a leisure walk around the lake. Later drive to Leh via Mahey Bridge and Chumathang.
|S.No||Name of the trekking||Days||1 pax||2 pax||3 pax||4 pax||5 pax||6 pax|
|5||Kangyatse Peak 6200m||6||£1,127||£753||£668||£613||£580||£563|
|7||Rumtse,Tsomoriri Spangnak Ri||11||£2,791||£1,622||£1,281||£1,111||£1,041||£976|
Package cost per person in GBP ( £ )
What is included in trek cost?
- Accommodation in Delhi on Bed & Breakfast Basis & in Leh on Full Board for Nun/Kun Expediton Packages.
- All transportation by Toyota Qualis, Innova or Scorpio.
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Food veg and non-veg.
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide.
- Horse for Luggages.
- Innerline permit, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges.
- Climbing Equipments.
What is not included in above cost?
- Sleeping Bags, trekking shoes and clothing.
- Any Airfare.
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered
- No accommodation in Leh is included in Trekking Packages except Nun & Kun Packages.
- Any thing not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 01 May 2020 to 30 September 2020.
- 10% cancellation charges if the trekking is cancelled within 30 days before the tour.
- 20% cancellation charges if the tour and trek is cancelled within a one week before the tour.
- No refund if the trek or tour is cancelled after starting or middle of the trek or tour.