Leh and Ladakh are major tourist attractions in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in India. These tourist destinations are located high in the mountain ranges between Karakoram and Himalayas in this region. This region is located more than 11000 ft above sea level and the air is clean, the landscapes are enormous and beautiful and the tourist places are spectacular. UK Nationals and residents visit Leh and Ladakh every year and the following is a guide for some of the tourist destinations in this region:
Tourist Attractions in Leh and Ladhak
- There are many beautiful monasteries in Leh and Ladakh that are popular with tourists. The tourists visiting this area visit the Hemis Monasteries that have a display of a painting of Lord Buddha and other monasteries in the region.
- The other famous monasteries include Alchi, Lamayuru, Thikse, Sankar, Spituk, Likir, and Stakana which are regularly visited by tourists.
- The beautiful town of Kargil is a must visit in this region. It is usually a transit spot between tourist destinations in Kashmir and Ladakh.
- The Leh Mosque and the Leh Palace are major tourist places in Leh. The Leh Palace is a fortress that was built in the 17th century and the Leh Mosque is another beautiful architecture marvel in the main city area of Leh.
Adventure Sports Activity for Tourists in Leh and Ladhak
- As this region is known for the mountainous regions, beautiful rivers and natural landscapes there are many adventure sports activities that take place in Leh and Ladakh.
- Zanskar is a famous place in this region as a starting point for many mountain treks. There are many trekking routes in the Greater Himalayas, the Ladakh Range, The Zanskar Range and the Karakoram ranges in Ladakh.
- River rafting on the Indus River and the Zanskar River is very popular. Mountaineering in places like the Nun Kun Massif, the Stok Kangri Massif, the Karakoram Range, and the Konglacha Peak are all adventure sports activities famous in this region.
- The beautiful landscapes of the region can be witnessed by tourists on adventurous camel rides that are famous in Leh and Ladakh. If tourists are physically fit, cycling around or biking on trails in this region is a popular choice.
Leh and Ladakh have a lot to offer to UK Nationals and a great place to visit for people who like natural landscapes and adventure sports in beautiful places on earth.